This blog is a blend of my passion for CFL football and my love of writing.
As former Commissioner of my family’s annual CFL Pool, and as current Commissioner of my office’s annual CFL Pool (each of which has very different rules), I began to write little snippets each week about what was going on around the league. Over time my emails became more like missives and others were interested in reading. As a result, I’ve migrated to the blogosphere, which allows better access for all those interested in CFL football – and more importantly, prevents me from clogging up people’s email boxes.
While I may be Miss CFL, I am a diehard Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. However, I love the CFL just as much, as it’s uniquely Canadian.
Each week you’ll see commentary on the previous week’s games, previews of upcoming games, recaps of Rider games, links to happenings around the league, and LOTS of pictures. If nothing else, there will ALWAYS be pictures.
Finally, I like to give nicknames to teams and players. Some of them I have come up with my own, and some I owe to the great creativity of those at Riderfans.com. Here’s a sampling:
- Stumps = Calgary Stampeders
- Schmoes = Edmonton Eskimos
- Bumblers = Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Arblows = Toronto Argonauts
- RODBLACKS = Ottawa REDBLACKS
- Kitty Cats = Hamilton Tiger Cats
- Henry Booris = Henry Burris, QB for the Otttawa REDBLACKS
- Sad Sack = Zach Collaros, QB for the Hamilton Tiger Cats
- Tatertot – Drew Tate, QB for the Calgary Stampeders
- Bovine Mitchell – Bo Levi Mitchell, QB for the Calgary Stampeders
- Broke Pierce Jr./Broke Pierce 2.0 – Mike Reilly, QB for the Edmonton Eskimos
- And so forth (you get the idea)…
Thanks in advance for reading!